Clyde Porpoise CIC is focused on the research and conservation of marine species in the Clyde and surrounding seas.
The group operate a survey vessel to obtain information on marine mammal distribution and abundance. Scientific data is being used to support conservation measures and inform marine management policy.
NAVT funding assisted in boat maintenance and hydrophonic equipment to enable more detailed monitoring of interactions between dolphins and porpoises.
Clyde Porpoise CIC have supported:
- marine surveys of the Clyde and surrounding seas
- environmental education, participation and outreach
- encouraging sustainable use of our seas
- research collaboration and partnership
- ecosystem support within marine management
- marine litter picking and plastics eradication from local beaches around Fairlie and Cumbrae